She smiled to herself. That was a first. Pick up a book and read for a few hours. That seemed like probably one of the most comforting thing she had heard in ages. “Alright Jude, no salute necessary—got it.” She wrapped her arms around herself and started to let her mind wander to the books. Her feet started to mindlessly carry her towards them.
Lilith had always loved a good book before all of this happened, it as very few and far-most that she had a chance to enjoy them now. She couldn’t take them with her, too many would accumulate too much weight too quick.
Once she found the one that she wanted, she grabbed some floor space near the wall by the couch and opened up the book. The smell of the old pages filling up her nostrils, she cracked a smile. “I hope you don’t mind...”
† ▬ Jude, at one point in time, had been a conversationalist. The type that could — and often would — drone on for hours, and keep the attention of those around him. He was a storyteller, a happy man with much to say, things that would make women swoon and men roll their eyes in jealousy. Jude had been the type that would keep you at the edge of your seat, and force you to whine when he cut the story short and kept it for another day — this had come in handy when telling tales to his boy. This version of Jude was no longer, now you’d be lucky if he gave a nod. “Right." he hummed, thumbing through the pages.
”Why would I mind?" he glanced down, chewing on the inside of his cheek. "Feel free to be comfortable." the place wasn’t exactly comfortable at all, maybe it was more sarcasm than anything.
Being nice, he moved the light closer to the girl so she could manage to get a bit more in her direction — the windows were mostly boarded up, he wasn’t taking any risks. “You can see alright?"
As her finger became wrapped in the monster band aid, the brunette couldn’t help but smile at the cartoon. ”Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus… A story about how one unorthodox scientist created a misunderstood creature… Or at least that was the version I was told.” Lily held her finger up and examined the print. The bleeding stopped; which she was thankful for. She scrunched her nose, “Things? What things…”
† ▬ He cracked the slightest of smiles while pulling the tabs off the plastic and wrapping it about her finger, giving a shrug and tossing the box back in his bag. “Id offer water, but I’ve got none.” he’d been running low all week, and finally drained the last of his supply today. Pausing, he cocked his head to the side, giving her a once over - wondering if maybe she was ill. "The bitey things…"
"Hm? Oh! No… No it’s…" Lily sighed before gingerly taking the wet napkins. "Thanks." She mumbled as she dabbed her red skin. The brunette hissed between her teeth as the alcohol stung her wound; she hated that feeling of vulnerability. She looked over at the man and gave him a small smile, "Do you normally help strangers?"
† ▬ Thumbing through the mess in his pack, Jude managed to find the little box of glow in the dark monster themed bandages. So, it didn’t look so tough, but his son had a fascination with them, so he happened to have a pack stashed… Not that they were needed anymore. “No problem." he popped the lid open, pulling out one of the Frankenstein bandaids and peeling back the paper. "Normally? Yes actually. Lately? Not really, all things considered. But, you’re bleeding, and those things can smell it. I can spare a wet wipe and a bandage."
† ▬ Dropping down on a log beside the stranger, Jude looked over to them, a brow perked. “You’re bleeding…” he brought a hand up to run through his hair, his other hand seeking out his backpack. He had bandages and some wet wipes; it would have to suffice. “Here.” he pulled the pack of wipes out, handing it over while still digging for the box of childrens band-aids.
Why is it that only multi-muse blogs follow and reply to me, are there no single muse blogs anymore? This is really bothering me.
1. What is your name? Nickname? Jude Larson
2. Why were you named that? My parents were in love with the song “Hey Jude” and thought it would be clever.
3. What is your gender? Biologically and psychologically male.
4. What are you? Human.
5. How old are you? What year were you born? 29. 1984.
6. Do you wish you were older or younger? Nope, good with my age.
7. What is your IQ? I don’t think I’ve ever been tested, but I like to think fairly high.
8. What color are your eyes? Do you like them? Blue, and yes.
9. What color is your hair? Is it natural or dyed? Do you like the color? Naturally dirty blonde, yeah why not?
10. Is your hair thin or thick? Straight or curly? Long or short? How do you wear it? Uh. It’s hair.
11. How tall are you? Are you happy with your height? Holy crap, I’m tall I dunno. 6’2”?
12. How much do you weigh? Are you happy with your weight? Uh, before all this I was around 180ish? No idea now, and I don’t care.
13. If female, what is your bra size? Are you happy with this? I… Have… Next.
14. How would you describe your skin tone? Tan?
15. What is your body type? Are you athletic? Somewhat, I guess. Athletic…
16. Any birthmarks? Freckles or other marks? Maybe, I dunno. You tell me.
17. Do you have any scars? From what? Stupid shit over the years.
18. Do you have any tattoos? Of what and where? Stuff you wont see.
19. Do any other features stand out? Big nose? Almond eyes? Gap in teeth? What the fuck are almond eyes.
20. Do you have any unusual characteristics? Probably not.
21. Any defining gestures? I shrug a lot.
22. What do you like most about your appearance? All of it?
23. What do you like least about your appearance? My boobs, obviously. No, nothing. I’m good with myself.
24. Overall, are you happy with your appearance? Do you think you are attractive? I’m decent looking, at the very least.
25. Do others think you are attractive? Depends on the person.
26. What is your blood type? A-
27. Do you have any mental illnesses? I do not.
28. Do you have any disabilities? I do not.
29. Do you have any addictions? I do not.
30. Do you have any allergies or medical problems? I do not.
31. Do you have any problems sleeping? What’s wrong and why do you think that is? I mean I used to sleep great, I have problems now considering dead people try and constantly eat me but other than that, I sleep like a rock.
32. Do you have any supernatural abilities? What… No.
33. What exactly are your abilities? What kind of survey is this.
34. When did you discover them? Am I being punk’d?
35. Where did your abilities come from (genes, radiation)? Radiation… What.
36. How do you use your abilities (speak some language, wave a wand)? …
37. How much control do you have over your powers? Does being confused count.
38. What does it cost to use your abilities (energy, focus, blood)? Wait what.
39. Can you die or pass out from overusing your abilities? That would be scary.
40. Have you reached your full potential? Are you questioning my life choices?
41. Do you feel that your abilities are a blessing or a hindrance? Would you trade them or get rid of them if you could? If I had powers, I’d not want them.
42. Are you happy with the abilities you have? No. Wait, yes. I have none.
43. Are your abilities secret? I am secretly Santa. Gasp.
44. Do many others have abilities where you come from? The same ones? There’s only one Santa.
45. If so, are yours stronger or weaker? Are yours unique in any way? Ho ho ho.
46. What is your earliest childhood memory? Breaking my elbow when I was four.
47. What is your happiest childhood memory? Christmas in general.
48. What is your worst childhood memory? I don’t have a lot of bad ones, any broken things probably.
49. What was your childhood like? Pretty great actually, thanks for asking.
50. What were your childhood aspirations? I wanted to be a boat.
51. What is your most embarrassing memory? I wanted to be a boat.
52. What is the most frightening thing that has ever happened to you? I thought I could be a boat.
53. Have you ever had a near death experience? Have you ever died? I nearly drowned, because I thought I could be a boat.
54. What is the worst thing you have ever done? Even if for a good reason? Crap, no idea. I’ve done bad things.
55. What is the worst thing anyone has ever done to you? My ex wife in general.
56. Are you from Earth? If not, where do you live? Mars obviously.
57. Where were you born? What is this place like? Portland. It’s Portlandy.
58. Has anything life changing ever happened to you? My kid. And the apocalypse.
59. Have you ever experienced anything traumatic? … Really.
60. Do you have any serious regrets? What are they? How would you act differently? Done with this part.
61. Have you ever lost someone you love? How? Really fucking done.
62. What was your least favorite subject? Geography.
63. What was your favorite subject? Science.
64. What were you best at? Probably Science actually.
65. Were you made fun of in school? Why? No. Because I’m awesome.
66. What was your education like? Great, for the most.
67. How much education have you received? I’ve graduated from University.
68. Are you still in school? Above.
69. Did you like school? Most of the time, yes.
70. Overall, how well did you do in school? Usually never worse than a B average.
71. What do you do for a living? Sell big houses to rich folks.
72. Do you enjoy doing this? For the most part, yes actually.
73. Why do you do it? How did you end up doing it? It’s… a job?
74. Do you have any future goals for this job or others? No, keep doing this.
75. How long have you done this? Or, well I guess I don’t do it anymore, considering… A while though.
76. What are your parents’ names? Monica and Brenden.
77. What do your parents do for a living? Father was Military, Mother was a seamstress.
78. Do you have any siblings? Older or younger? Had a brother.
79. Who are you closest to? No one, anymore.
80. Is there anyone not in your immediate family who you consider to be family? Not anymore.
81. Do/did you live with or commonly see grandparents, cousins, or other relatives? I did before, see them at least.
82. Are you married? Have you ever been? Unfortunately.
83. Do you have any children? How many? How old? Who is the father? I had one… I’m… the father…
84. Do you currently live with your family? If not, when did you move out? Not anymore…
85. Do you have a good relationship with your family? Not any fucking more.
86. Who is your best friend? (If 2 really close friends, answer the next questions for both) Got none, anymore.
87. How did you meet? How long have you known each other? Formerly, school.
88. Why are you best friends? What about your personalities work well together? We did, we were real close.
89. What are his/her greats qualities? Flaws? All of them, no flaws. He was a good guy.
90. If of the opposite sex, have there ever been any romantic feelings? Why does he have to be the opposite sex to have romantic feelings? No either way, though.
91. Other friends? Nope.
92. Who is your nicest friend? He was.
93. Do you have many friends? If you have few friends, why? Not really, I’m a solitary kinda guy. I’m social in social situations.
94. Do you have any enemies or frenemies? A few business ones.
95. Does anyone dislike you? I’m sure many do.
96. Do you dislike anyone? A few.
97. Do you have any rivals? A few people when I was at work.
98. What is your sexual orientation? Heteroflexible, I suppose.
99. What’s your current relationship status? Single. Very fucking single.
100. If single, have you ever had a romantic relationship? A few.
101. Do you want to be in a relationship? Now? Not at all.
102. Do you love anyone now? Have you ever? Not anymore.
103. If not in love, do you have a crush on anyone? Nope.
104. Do you know if anyone is in love or has a crush on you? I certainly hope not.
105. Do you love anyone who does not love you back? Have you ever? I have not.
106. Have you ever told anyone you loved them? When? I have, my ex wife.
107. Has anyone told you they loved you? When? My ex wife, while we were married.
108. Have you ever cheated on anyone? I have not, no.
109. Have you ever been cheated on? I have.
110. Has anyone ever broken your heart? Yes, she did.
111. Have you ever broken anyone’s heart? Probably.
112. Are you shy about relationships? Not at all.
113. What do you do when you like someone? Tell them? Give hints? I don’t do anything, I don’t want to pressure anyone.
114. Are you a virgin? Nope.
115. Have you ever given or received a blowjob? Received.
116. Have you ever kissed someone the same sex as you? I have.
117. Do you have any quirks in the bedroom? Oh lets not go there we’ll be here all week.
118. What kind of man/woman are you usually attracted to? If they click with me on a personal level. That’s that.
119. What kind of lover do you prefer? Submissive.
120. When did you last engage in any romantic or sexual behavior? Been a while, before all this happened.
121. How many people have seen you naked? More than I would have liked.
122. Who do you love most in the world? My son, or rather loved I suppose.
123. Who do you hate most? Hate is a wasted emotion.
124. Who could you not live without? Ah, that would be my boy.
125. Who do you tell things to first? That was my best friend.
126. Who knows all your secrets? Above.
127. Who do you always argue with? Above.
128. Who last told you they loved you? (both romantic and not) Son. Ex Wife.
129. Who did you last tell you loved them? (both romantic and not) Son. Ex Wife.
130. Have you ever punched anyone? Why? Haha, yeah often. Different reasons.
131. Who do you go to for advice? Best Friend.
132. Who would you risk your life for? Son, family, people I love.
133. Who do you most respect? Best friend.
134. Do you have any heroes or idols? Not really, no.
135. If you could kill someone and get away with it, who would it be? Nope.
136. Are there any qualities in people or behaviors that you just can’t stand? Too many to list - far too many.
137. Would you sacrifice your own happiness for someone else? Anyone in particular? I have, and I won’t again.
138. What is a typical day like? Or is each day different? Avoiding biters.
139. Are you a morning or a night person? Night, but morning lately.
140. How do you usually dress? In suits, but now in whatever fits.
141. Is there anything you keep with you at all times? Picture of my boy.
142. Do you keep a journal? Why or why not? I don’t, never needed to.
143. Are you regularly in trouble or do you always follow all the rules? I’m normally good. I like rules.
144. Do you ever drink or get drunk? I used to.
145. Do you ever go to parties? I used to, yeah.
146. Describe your bedroom. What is in it? Is it messy? I don’t have one.
147. What would you like most to change about your life? Uh, the apocalypse.
148. Are you happy with your life? No. This isn’t life, this is survival… at best.
149. What is your religion? Any strong religious beliefs? Christianity, mostly.
150. Are you very religious? It varies honestly.
151. Are you superstitious? Somewhat, but nothing major.
152. What would you die before doing? There are a few things I could name.
153. Do you have any strong political views? Not really, honestly.
154. Are you satisfied with the current government? Why or why not? There is none.
155. What do you think of death and the afterlife? Now? You come back and try to eat people. So, I don’t like it.
156. What do you think of war? I dislike it, but sometimes it’s needed.
157. Could you personally kill someone if it meant saving others? (Have you ever?) I would, I have not.
158. Do you snore? I’m not sure, I don’t think so.
159. Do you have any secrets? Nothing in particular no.
160. Do you have many fears? What are they? Nothing scares me anymore.
161. How do you deal with physical pain? I deal well I think.
162. How do you cope with deaths of people you know? Fuck. You.
163. Have you ever killed anyone? Why? How? Do the undead things count?
164. Have you ever seen anyone die? What happened? I — fuck off.
165. What do you live for? What keeps you going? I don’t know at this point.
166. Can you speak more than one language? What languages and why? English…
167. Do you have any bad habits? Nail biting mostly.
168. Are you typically willing to help people who you ask for it? To what extent would you willingly help them? Usually I’m pretty willing to help.
169. What is your speaking style (fast, monotone, loquacious)? Average, I feel.
170. What are your insecurities? I don’t have any actually.
171. Do you have any quirks or eccentricities? I don’t know…
172. Do you have any special natural abilities? I’m charming as fuck.
173. Do you have any combat training? Why? A bit, my father thought it would be smart.
174. What is the best compliment you could receive? That I did a good job with my boy.
175. If the entire world only had one night left, what would you do? Who would you spend your last hours with? My boy.
176. If you could know anything, what would it be? How this started.
177. If you could learn to do anything, even if it’s impossible (like dancing if you’re in a wheelchair), what would it be? I have no idea… Fixing this?
178. If you could have one magic power, what would it be? Why? Above.
179. If you got one wish (no wishing for more wishes), what would you wish for? My boy back. No, that’s… Selfish. I’d wish this would end. Shit. Yeah…
180. Are you a social person? Or do you prefer solitude? I’m pretty solitary.
181. How would you describe your personality? Charming.
182. Are you an optimist or pessimist? Optimist.
183. Are you creative? Somewhat, sometimes.
184. Do you like to take risks? Depends what I’m risking.
185. Are you usually an honest person? Generally, I would say yes.
186. How would you describe your personal hygiene? Would others agree? Excellent - lately, not as much.
187. Do you think you dress well? Would others agree? I used to.
188. Are you sentimental? I am.
189. Are you openly emotional? I am, sometimes.
190. Are you a hard worker? I would say so, yes.
191. Are you usually a leader or a follower? Are you happy with that? Leader, yes.
192. Are you confident? Extremely.
193. Are you introverted or extroverted? Depends on the situation.
194. Are you a stressed person? A bit, now.
195. Are you easily embarrassed? Not at all.
196. Are you very proud? Quite.
197. How do you think other people see you? Charming, I hope.
198. What things do others say are your weaknesses? My heart.
199. What do others say are your strengths? My mind.
200. Do people generally like you or dislike you? Like, but it depends.
201. What do you think are your best qualities? My wit, my intellect.
202. What do you think are your worst qualities? Hot headed.
203. Is there anything you would like to change about yourself? Not particularly.
204. Overall, are you happy with yourself? With myself? Absolutely.
205. What is your favorite food? Pasta, all of it.
206. What is your favorite drink? Root Beer.
207. What is your favorite color? Most shades of green.
208. What is your favorite animal? Ocelot.
209. What is your favorite book? American Gods.
210. What is your favorite movie? Reservoir Dogs.
211. What is your favorite music genre? Rock.
212. What is your favorite childhood story? Stellaluna.
213. What is your favorite weather? Warm with cool breezes.
214. What is your favorite season? Fall.
215. What is your dream vacation? Anywhere but here.
216. Do you like to travel or stay in one place? Stay.
217. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? Beach.
218. Would you rather have a life full of adventure or an uneventful life? Uneventful.
219. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween.
220. What is your favorite flower? Hyacinth.
221. What is your favorite sport? Do you like sports? Volleyball.
222. What is your favorite curse word? Fuck.
223. Do you prefer the city or the country? City.
224. Do you prefer showers or baths? Bath, then a shower.
225. What is your biggest pet peeve? Ignorant people.
226. Are you disgusted by anything? The biters.
227. Are you squeamish? Not particularly, anymore.
228. Regardless of skill, do you like dancing, singing, or drawing? Anything else? I like singing, playing guitar.
229. Do you enjoy art? I adore it, honestly. I’m no good.
230. What would be the perfect day? Hanging out at home with my boy.
231. Do you have any hobbies? I used to, I guess.
232. What do you enjoy doing most? Video games.
233. When did you last feel happy? Why? I… Last time I held my boy.
234. When did you last feel sad? Why? Every day.
235. When did you last feel angry? Why? Every. Fucking. Day.
236. When did you last feel guilty? Why? When was the last time I didn’t…
237. When was the last time you cried? Why? I don’t, anymore.
238. When did you last see your family? Is this amount of time normal? No, fuck.
239. When did you last do someone a favor? Who and what was it? No idea.
240. When did you last confess something to someone? Nothing to confess.
241. When was the last time you were sick? I rarely get ill.
242. Who is the last person you spoke to? I don’t remember his name.
243. What was the last dream you can remember? I’d have to sleep to have dreams.
244. What is your current mood? Alive.
245. Where are you? Who the fuck knows anymore.
246. What color are your nails/toenails? Normal?
247. What are your goals for this year? Live.
248. Do you have any pets? What are their names? I had a dog, Shay.
249. What is your current health? Any injuries? From what? I’m alright.
250. What is the nearest book to you? None near by.
251. Are you wanted for any crimes? Not at all.
252. Finally, how many weapons are currently on your person? Four. I have a knife, I have a rifle, and I have two pistols.
〖✖〗Blinking a little, and resisting the urge to step back slightly, Pete nodded before reaching out the take the lighter. “Well that will be useful for the stove and all, but I was speaking more long the lines of light to work by.” He hinted to the lantern the man had been using, "I can’t cook without seeing what I’m doing — well I could, but then you might end up with some nasty dinner." Looking down, he tested the lighter. Instead of pressing the subject, Peter slipped into the back room and sought out the stove in what little light there was. He also happened to trip over god knows what, "shit."
† ▬ Jude gave a shrug and a nod, giving him the lighter. “There’s another lantern or two in the other room, I just didn’t feel like lighting them all. You never know.” he hummed, rolling a shoulder and leaning against the door frame, watching the younger boy move — and stumble. "You alright there?" Jude asked, but didn’t move to help, hopefully the kid could manage to find his balance… If not, he would end up dead meat. Literally.